Frequently asked questions
When and where is the 2020 Festival of Trees?
The 2020 Lawrence Festival of Trees will be held Monday, 11/30/2020 through Sunday, 12/6/2020 at Liberty Hall, 644 Massachusetts Street.
Viewing hours will be announced soon. Reservations will be required for viewing hours due to COVID-19 community mitigation strategies, and we will make the reservation process as simple and accessible as possible! More information will be available closer to the event. The suggested donation for admission remains $5 for adults and children over 12 years old.
Instead of our usual auction gala, the trees and wreaths will be sold mostly by silent auction. A special selection of trees will be sold in a live online auction. Watch our
Facebook page for more information!
How is the Festival of Trees responding to the COVID-19 pandemic?
We are taking guidance from Lawrence-Douglas County Public Health for all aspects of this year's Festival, from setup day to delivery day and everything in between.
1. Public viewing times will be by reservation only, in order to allow for social distancing
2. All attendees and volunteers will be asked to wear masks
3. Attendees will have a temperature check done when arriving at Liberty Hall
4. Surfaces will be sanitized after each viewing
5. Instead of hosting a large auction party, our trees and wreaths will be sold by silent and live online auction
We will provide updates here and on our
Festival Facebook page as more detailed plans become available.
Where can I get more information about donating a tree or wreath?
The pledge form for tree and wreath donors is on our website at Decorate a Tree or Wreath.
We have a
Facebook group for tree and wreath donors, please join us there!
Email any questions to
We will be limited to no more than 50 trees and 20 wreaths this year. We hope to have all spots pledged and confirmed by September 30, 2020. After your pledge has been confirmed we will ask you to complete a profile form with more information about your tree, including a description for the auction.
1. Trees must not be taller than 7 feet.
2. All decorations must be securely wired to the tree or wreath.
3. Tees must have working lights and a tree skirt.
4. All trees and wreaths must be brought to Liberty Hall and set up on the day and time assigned. (Donors may be divided into two or more groups for setup day to allow for social distancing and restrictions on large gatherings.)